In-Person Service Guidelines & COVID Update
May 30, 2021 | by Mike Prah
While the spread of COVID-19 is slowing down, the threat of infection and illness is still prevalent in our nation; therefore, we ask that everyone joining our in-person service follow these guidelines accordingly, and complete and submit the Health Screening Questionnaire below without exception. The health and safety of everyone continue to be our top priority.
- If you feel sick, please stay at home and worship with us online.
- Face covering or mask direction for fully vaccinated people: According to CDC guidelines, if you are fully vaccinated, face mask or covering is NOT required to attend a full-capacity worship service or sing in church. Feel free to continue to wear a mask if you feel comfortable.
- Face covering or mask direction for unvaccinated people: According to CDC guidelines, if you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, facemask is required to attend a full-capacity worship service or sing in an indoor chorus. You must always also stay 6 feet apart.
- Everyone entering our Church premises must undergo temperature check located in our lobby, answering health-related questions (see below) and hand sanitization, before proceeding to our sanctuary.
- Anyone with a 100.4°F / 32°C temperature or higher in the past 24 hours, or showing symptoms of sickness, or answering YES to any of the Health Screening Questions, will be asked to worship with us online, for the safety of our members, and guests.
- We recommend practicing physical distance seating for unvaccinated people. Fully Vaccinated people are welcome to sit next to each other at your own choice.
- While you may not know who may or may not be vaccinated, we ask everyone to please continue to practice no-touch-greeting such as waving or elbow-bumping fellow members and guests. Avoid handshaking, hugging and sharing objects.
- No outside food or drinks will be allowed within our Church premise.
- We ask that everyone must follow these guidelines regardless of your vaccination status.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping all of us stay safe and healthy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the seating arrangements?
You will NOT need to reserve your seat. If we ran into capacity issues in our sanctuary, you would be asked to worship in our Kids room and other spaces in our Church facility equipped with TV and speakers, where you can watch and participate in our service. Physically distanced seating is required for unvaccinated people. Fully vaccinated people are welcome to use their best judgement, although physical distancing is recommended for all people.
Can I bring my kids or grand-kids to Church?
Yes, you can bring your kids or grand-kids if they are not sick into the main sanctuary to sit with you. We encourage you to bring a smartphone or tablet with headphones (earbuds) so your children can watch our Elementary, Middle, or Preschool worship and teaching experiences during the service. Your kids can sit next to you in our sanctuary. All children must wear a face-mask with the exception of children under 2 years old. Should you forget to bring a mask or a earbuds for your kid(s), we will have a complimentary youth mask or new earphones (earbuds) for your son or daughter. Our kids will resume Children's Church in their rooms sometime later when the threat of COVID-19 is under control in our State.
What sanitization and disinfecting measures will be in place?
Each week, we disinfect and sanitize our entire interior Church building with special machinery and EPA / CDC prescribed Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) before each service. Automatic disinfectant hand-soap dispenser, and touch-free paper towels are available in our bathroom. Touch-free hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout our Church building and sanctuary. See below for our Weekly Sanctuary Cleaning & Disinfecting Plan.
What about mask or face coverings?
Here is the latest CDC guidelines (as of May 28, 2021).
Face covering or mask direction for fully vaccinated people: According to CDC guidelines, if you are fully vaccinated, facemask is NOT required to attend a full-capacity worship service or sing in church. Feel free to continue to wear a mask if you feel comfortable.
Face covering or mask direction for unvaccinated people: According to CDC guidelines, if you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, facemask is required to attend a full-capacity worship service or sing in an indoor chorus. You must always also stay 6 feet apart.
If you forget to bring a mask, we will provide you with a free disposal face mask for the safety of everyone, located at the lobby of our Church.
CDC recommends that Masks should NOT be worn by children under 2 years.
What other protocols are in place?
- Water fountains, coffee stations, and refreshments will not be available at this time. Bottles of water will be available in the lobby free of charge. All under-seat Bibles, and materials have been removed from our sanctuary.
- Sermon notes will only be available on our website and you can access them from your smartphone or tablet just as we have been operating in our online service mode.
- No offering buckets will be passed during offering times. We recommend you give online using any of the four (4) methods below. Also, three (3) secure, hands-free offering boxes are located at our lobby, and Sanctuary for you to drop your offerings.
- We will continuously update our protocols with additional controls as we learn more for your safety.
- In the event that someone with COVID-19 has been inside our facility during one of our services, it is essential that they go through Contact Tracing with Maryland Department of Health.
Health Screening Questionnaire
Everyone will be required to respond to the Health Screening Questionnaire below before admittance to our Sanctuary. You are welcome to complete this form Online on Sunday morning before coming to Church to speed up our screening process (see Online Health Questionnaire below). If you do, please mention to our greeter that you have completed our Health Screening Questionnaire online. The Health Screening Questionnaire will be used for contact tracing purposes, when needed.
What is FavorLife's position regarding the COVID-19 vaccine?
FavorLife Church recommends that you consider taking the COVID-19 vaccine. Pastor Mike has been vaccinated as do several of our members. Consult your physician if you have any concerns.
Who are fully vaccinated people?
According CDC guidelines, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
How can I support my Church?
- By volunteering to help clean and disinfect our Church On Saturdays before and Sundays after our services.
- By volunteering as an greeter to perform temperature checks, and asking health-related questions for worshipers.
- By volunteering as a usher to direct people to designated seats to ensure physical distancing.
Give regularly to support our Church using the following methods:
- CashApp to $favorlife
- Zelle to Email: (First Name: FAVORLIFE CHURCH | Last Name: Church)
- Cell phone by Texting Give to (844)877-5844
- Give Online at favorlife.org/giving
“Everything we have has come from You, and we give You only what You first gave us!” (I Chronicles 29:14, NLT)
God is on our side and this season will pass in due time to allow us to return to normal. Until then, we ask for your consistent attention and appreciate your compliance concerning these guidelines.
Much love, more grace and peace to you,
Mike Prah, Pastor
Cleaning & Disinfecting Plan Alternatives to Handshakes, Hugs & High Fives CONNECTION FORM ONLINE CONNECTION FORM PDF HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE PDF CDC Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated & UNVACCINATED PEOPLE