WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bible App from YouVersion loaded to your Smart Phone or Tablet. This is preferable since it’s convenient to carry with you everywhere, anytime. Download the free YouVersion Bible App from the link below, if you don't have it.*
- Our Favorlife Church website homepage provides resources to several Daily Bible Reading plans with the ability to read or listen to Scriptures.
- A modern English translation such as New International Version (NIV), New King James Version (NKJV), New Living Translation (NLT), English Standard Version (ESV), and New American Standard Bible (NASB) is easy to understand.
HOW TO DO IT
- Read your selected passage. Perhaps reread it to get a better feel for it. Make sure you have a good grasp of the situation and context and the basic ideas in it.
- Begin walking through the questions below, asking them to yourself as you reread the passage.
Use the S.P.A.C.E.P.E.T.S. Method of Bible Study
In this Bible passage, look for …
Sin to confess?
Do I need to ask forgiveness of anyone or make any restitution?
Promise to claim?
Is it a universal promise? Have I met the condition(s)?
Attitude to change?
Am I willing to work on a negative attitude and begin building toward a positive one?
Command to obey?
Am I willing to do it no matter how I feel?
Example to follow?
Is it a positive example for me to copy or a negative one to avoid?
Prayer to pray?
Is there anything I need to pray back to God?
Error to avoid?
Is there any problem that I should be alert to, or beware of?
Truth to believe?
What new things can I learn about God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the other biblical teachings?
Something to praise God for? Is there something here I can be thankful for?
Pray the Bible verse or passage back to God.
Put the Bible verse or passage into the first person singular, turn it into prayer, and pray it back to God.